Monday, September 12, 2011

REVIEW: Supernaturally (Paranormalcy # 2)

Supernaturally by Kiersten White
Supernaturally (Paranormalcy, #2)
Pages: 336-US Hardback
Publisher: HarperTeen
Released: July 26, 2011
My Rating4/5
Book Summary:  
Evie finally has the normal life she’s always longed for. But she’s shocked to discover that being ordinary can be . . . kind of boring. Just when Evie starts to long for her days at the International Paranormal Containment Agency, she’s given a chance to work for them again. Desperate for a break from all the normalcy, she agrees.But as one disastrous mission leads to another, Evie starts to wonder if she made the right choice. And when Evie’s faerie ex-boyfriend Reth appears with devastating revelations about her past, she discovers that there’s a battle brewing between the faerie courts that could throw the whole supernatural world into chaos. The prize in question? Evie herself.- goodreads.com

My Thoughts:
I adored the first book in this series! I definitely judged it by the description on the jacket and almost didn't buy it because there was Faeries in it, well I was so wrong!!! So when the second one came out I was all but screaming when I picked it up. It was an excellent second book! Normally the second book in a series tends to be not as great but this one was just as good as the first! Evie's ever present sass and strong-will shine brightly through every page, making her an exciting heroine. I must admit I could have done with a lot more Lend, I totally forgot he was going to college in this book! I just love how he is basically the perfect guy, (yep i've got a book crush!)

There wasn't that much action in this installment, which can be good for some readers but I need that chaos! I definitely didn't think she could top the crazy story line from the last book but the plot was surprisingly original. The twists were just as shocking and I'm happy to say its obvious there will be a third book. I was a little surprised to see that there was really only one new character, an author can go overboard and bring in a whole new crew, which isn't always a good thing. 

This book I feel was based more off of Evie's adjustment and her feelings about her major transition from kick-ass detainment officer to normal high school student. Her boredom and yearning for the action of her old job was very realistic and made me understand her reasoning much better. I love when I get the character of a book because it makes me feel like i'm in the story! Overall, fantastic second book to the fabulous Paranormalcy. If ya loved the first one, and you don't get the second one, we can't be friends anymore. PICK IT UP ASAP! 


No comments:

Post a Comment