Wednesday, May 4, 2011

REVIEW: Ultraviolet

Ultraviolet by R.J. Anderson
Ultraviolet
Bomb Ass Cover ^
Pages: 416- UK Paperback
Publisher: Lerner Publishing Group
Expected Publication: June 2nd, 2011
My Rating: 4/5
Book Summary: Sixteen-year-old Alison has been sectioned in a mental institute for teens, having murdered the most perfect and popular girl at school. But the case is a mystery: no body has been found, and Alison's condition is proving difficult to diagnose. Alison herself can't explain what happened: one minute she was fighting with Tori -- the next she disintegrated. Into nothing. But that's impossible. Right?


My Thoughts:
Oh. My. God. This book is unlike anything I have ever read. It is one of the first books that I read on an ereader. Actually its on my phone, because I refuse to buy one of those things. I fell in love with this book after reading the summary. Usually what draws me to a story is the connections with the characters I build in the first chapter or so, but for the first time ever I was drawn to the actual story.


Alison is probably the most unique character I have ever gotten the chance to get to know. The thing that makes her so different is so unbelievably original, I am positive there isn't any other book out there like this one. (If there is, let me know! I'd love to read another one!) Another thing that really shocked me was how much I LOVED the story and the action but really didn't care too much about Alison. Her quirks and oddities is what initially got me hooked, but at the end of the book I realized that she was my least favorite part. I felt like although she was so awesomely unique she definitely could have had WAY MORE depth to her. I felt like I just barely grazed the surface of Alison.


This book being 416 pages, I finished it lightning fast in only a day or so, I couldn't get enough. The story sucked me in by the first chapter and I was already recommending it to everyone I came across. Every book I read I can pretty much figure out the twist half-way through, and I was right with this one but it was written in such a stellar way that I was still shocked when the truth came out. Overall great flipping read! Y'all best be at the store on June 2nd to get this one, it for sure has made my list of most anticipated releases of 2011!



No comments:

Post a Comment