Tuesday, April 12, 2011

REVIEW: Dead to the World (Sookie Stackhouse #4)

Dead to the World (Sookie Stackhouse, #4)Dead to the World by Charlaine Harris
Pages: 291- US Mass Market Paperback
Publisher: Ace
Published:May 3rd, 2005
My Rating: 4.5/5
Book Summary: When cocktail waitress Sookie Stackhouse sees a naked man on the side of the road, she doesn't just drive on by. Turns out the poor thing hasn't a clue who he is, but Sookie does. It's Eric the vampire--but now he's a kinder, gentler Eric. And a scared Eric, because whoever took his memory now wants his life.




My Thoughts:
I am the type who reads two books at once, always have been. So my regular routine now is that I read one YA book and a Sookie Stackhouse novel. Laugh all you want TrueBlood haters, but these books are so much fun! People always get pissed about books becoming shows (I am one of them) but the series is so different from the books that it is like two completely different stories. Of course book trumps show, always. 


Sookie is pretty much my favorite heroine of the moment. Her down home southern sass and her ability to politely insult someone is a breath of fresh air. I am so tired of these weepy, weak heroines who pine after their lovers. Sookie, having broken up with Bill, stumbles upon a naked Eric sprinting down the road to her house. Pause for montage of  Alexander Skarsgard's butt... Oh Eric Northman. She offers him shelter only to find he has no memory. I know, so many possibilities as to where this story could go! I loved how drastic Eric's personality change was after his memory was swiped, I must admit I became a tiny bit smitten with him. 


This one is definitely close to being my favorite. I love how each book introduces new supernatural characters and I was utterly psyched it was witches this time!  The first thing that sparked my attention in paranormal fiction was my interest in witches. I really enjoyed the witch community she built, her take on their powers and how they run their empire was very original. This book is a must if you are a Sookie fan! I read #5 already and I'm on to #6. More Sookie Reviews to come!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment