Wednesday, May 30, 2012

REVIEW:Pure

Pure (Covenant, #2)Pure (Covenant #2)
by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Pages: 329-US Paperback
Publisher: Spencer Hill Press
Release Date: April 3, 2012
My Rating: 5/5
Book Summary: There is need. And then there is Fate...

Being destined to become some kind of supernatural electrical outlet isn't exactly awesome--especially when Alexandria's "other half" is everywhere she goes. Seth's in her training room, outside her classes, and keeps showing up in her bedroom--so not cool. Their connection does have some benefits, like staving off her nightmares of the tragic showdown with her mother, but it has no effect on what Alex feels for the forbidden, pure-blooded Aiden. Or what he will do--and sacrifice--for her.

When daimons infiltrate the Covenants and attack students, the gods send furies--lesser gods determined to eradicate any threat to the Covenants and to the gods, and that includes the Apollyon... and Alex. And if that and hordes of aether-sucking monsters didn't blow bad enough, a mysterious threat seems willing to do anything to neutralize Seth, even if that means forcing Alex into servitude... or killing her.

When the gods are involved, some decisions can never, ever be undone. --goodreads.com

My Thoughts:
This was an absolutely phenomenal follow up to the first book in the series, Half Blood. Many times, a sequel can be a hit or miss, never quite matching up to the greatness of the first, but indeed this was NOT the case. Pure kept my undivided attention from page one, until the very intriguing, seductive end. 

Alex grew on me tremendously, turning from a character i LIKED in the first installment, into one that i LOVED. Her wit and sarcasm are downright hilarious. I was laughing out loud page after page, unable to control myself. Thank the gods (<--totes stealing this from the author!) i was reading such scenes with just myself in the room, otherwise i'd have an embarrassing situation on my hands. And BOY OH BOY! Talk about some steamy scenes! I won't get into detail about whom they are with, because well do you really want me to take the excitement away from you? I didn't think so. I might need to invest in one of those old fashioned, paper hand fans if the any of the future books have scenes like those.

And then there's Aiden. Oh my heavenly word, i've fallen even more head over heels for this fictional character. I feel rather sorry for my future love interests, because they will never quite match up to him. Although this time he's a bit on the aggravating side, for reasons i shall not divulge (he has good reason!) i still can't help just how much i adore him. That's not to say that Seth doesn't tug at my heart strings either. Bow chica wow wow!

And is it just me, or is all this Greek God mythology getting really flipping entertaining? I can't wait to see where this story leads to, because there are SO many unanswered questions, and with the book ending on a cliffhanger like that it's going to be a long few months until the third book, Diety, is released in November. Sigh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment